Susan is a lifestyle photographer and journalist, media personality, digital influencer, and multimedia content creator currently living in Nairobi, Kenya.
Being born in Toronto, Canada, and having spent most of her years in a multicultural suburb of Toronto, Susan’s roots are the ethnically diverse chunky stew of Canada.
Having spent the last decade in East Africa reporting on food and travel, despite Susan’s unlikely start geographically, through passion and expertise, this storyteller continues to connect people through different mediums, surpassing the barriers of culture.
From 2010, Susan has been the Web Editor of Capital Lifestyle Magazine at Capital Group Ltd. in Nairobi, Kenya and has helped grow the platform to its current 1 million page views per month. She has the enviable opportunity to share her culinary escapades, immersive travel adventures and dynamic lifestyle trends that emerge from the region – helping curate the conversation on lifestyle news and experiences.
Aside from co-presenting popular web-series Our2Cents, producing digital programs such as Tastemakers and SusanEats, Susan also finds time to guest-present on television lifestyle productions as the foodie around town.
In 2016, Susan was hand-picked by Airbnb to be one of the pioneers of Airbnb Trips as a City Host of Nairobi – setting a new standard for traveling.
A popular presence on the social media front, you’ll find her voice regularly on Twitter and Instagram.
If you’d like to get in touch, feel free to say hello through any of the social links below.
· 2016 World’s 50 Best Restaurants, academy member
· 2015 World Class – Global Bartender of the Year, Kenyan Edition, judge
· 2015 World’s 50 Best Restaurants, academy member
· 2014 World’s 50 Best Restaurants, academy member
· 2013 ABSOLUT Vodka Mixology Challenge, Kenyan Edition, judge
· 2012, 2011 Kenyan Tourism Awards, Digital Media Category, nominee
· 2012 SFW Awards, Best East African Journalist, nominee
· 2012 Kenyan Blog Awards, judge
· 2012 Taste Awards – Bar and Restaurant Awards Kenya, judge